Our Values & Traditions
Through our Learner-centred, Cirruculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS), you can be assured that your child will be well equipped for his/her educational journey.
At Kenton-on-Sea Primary School we pride ourselves on having
- Happy, well balanced learners who are encouraged to participate in and out of class,
- Dedicated and enthusiastic educators who keep abreast of the latest educational practices,
- Spacious and efficiently planned classrooms that are filled with evidence of the learner’s work,
- A variety of co-curricular activities e.g. Netball, Rugby, Cricket, Tennis, Athletics & Hockey,
- A variety of Cultural activities e.g. Chess, Choir, Eisteddfod, Cool Kids for Christ & Early Act (Rotary).
- Good academic results,
- The opportunity to develop entrepreneurial skills in our regular fundraising events.
- Regular meetings with parents to keep abreast of learner’s progress
- Annual school magazine
We aim to provide…
- Opportunities and exposure to all learning areas
- A happy and secure learning environment
- Opportunities and exposure to cultural activities
- Opportunities and exposure to a variety of sports activities
- Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and morally
- With self-control, self-respect and self-esteem
- With integrity, humility and respect
- With solving & entrepreneurial skills
Our objective is to…
- Master the principles of the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS)
- Encourage each child to develop in his/her own unique way
- Teach learners to apply themselves to everyday life
- Have a school that functions well in all areas!
Traditional School Bells
Kenton Primary School Traditions
‘Kaskar’ = Soap Box Derby = Go Karts! A day the children cannot wait for! A day of fun, team spirit and mud!
Kaskardag started in 2006 by the Heyneke family who still live in the area and who had children at the School at the time.
Kaskardag takes place every 2 years and requires loads of planning and organizing. A track is built along side the School Field using tyres and includes fun twists, a bridge, a mud trench and a water shower! The children have class teams, war cries and march through the town to the start, the spirit of the day is felt right across our Town!
Walk to Kwaaihoek
We are so privileged to have an annual fundraiser on the beach! Every year the school walks from the Bushmans River Mouth to Kwaaihoek, along one of the most beautiful and unspoilt beaches in South Africa. This is a 5km walk which is quite tiring for the littlies especially in our Foundation Phase but they run along excitedly and eagerly.
Time at Kwaaihoek is spent with a brief educational talk on our shoreline and rock pools followed by sandcastle building competition. This is a much loved event, enjoyed by children and parents alike who all join in on the day!
From our Principal's Desk
Mrs Marianne Wessels
Principal since 2015
What a privilege and honour it is to be part of this wonderful school on a hill-top above the sounding seas... Read more
2020 Applications now open
View our school fees and download the application form.